July Sales

Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

July Sales

Post by Windy on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:01 am

UK sales were 27.

China Sales were 14,067 making this year so far up 17.88% on the same period last year.

Maxus China Sales were 688 making this year so far up 71.09% on the same period last year.

New Zealand sales were zero again!

Morris Motors

Number of posts : 446
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Re: July Sales

Post by Morris Motors on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:23 am

One or two MG3s in that I should think. August and September will be interesting...
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:53 am

MG3 dealer demonstrators don't want registering until the new plate is available so September before an increase, then we will have to see how many they can make for October!

Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:50 am

The cars that are being shown at the car shows and BTCC - are they from Longbridge? i.e. are they the same ones the press got to crawl over or have they made another couple of dozen for these shows? And are they transported by trailer - I bet they're registered and driven.
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Morris Motors wrote:The cars that are being shown at the car shows and BTCC - are they from Longbridge? i.e. are they the same ones the press got to crawl over or have they made another couple of dozen for these shows? And are they transported by trailer - I bet they're registered and driven.

the cars on show at MG Live! were pre-production models which had been driven, but were not registered for public roads.

IIRC production of MG3 only starts this month.
    littlechicken

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Post by littlechicken on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:16 am

Their was at least one MG3 registered last month, it is a pre-production as the tax is the default £140 and the emmissions are shown as zero.

It is a red one with white stripes, sadly I cnt remember the reg Rolling Eyes 
    littlechicken

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Post by littlechicken on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:19 am

With regards to the others I think a picture was posted on Facebook with an MG3 on a trailer?
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:21 am

Morris Motors wrote:The cars that are being shown at the car shows and BTCC
    They normally have plates like "MG3", "MG6", "Magnette", "BTCC" so I assume they are transported.

I think some of the dealers have received them for shows but I guess they can drive them on trade plates, even if they did get a "demo" car, they would probably put off registering it until the new plate as I don't think MG will be allowing test drives this month.

There are probably also a few that have been registered as development cars and are thus not in the figures, I'm guessing that with it entering production this month and the insurance yet to be confirmed that it is probably only being officially registered as a model with all the CO2 info. etc. this month or possibly next and previously could not appear in the figures.
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:36 am

Australia is still at zero!

I see that from BSCB that SMTC have published separated sales figures for Wales with July car sales up year on year by 27% - is the UK economy taking a positive turn? Haven't found Welsh MG figures yet...

Morris Motors

Post by Morris Motors on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:59 am

Thinking about it, any MG3 on the road at the moment sent out by a dealer would be on trade plates, same with Longbridge cars I should think, except any high-mileage test cars etc.
    skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by skyblueads on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 am

The MG3s at shows and dealers are part of pre-production batch, they may well have been registered previously, just like the China-spec test models we've seen.

The first 700 MG3s are coming over from China complete. After that Longbridge will begin production in the same manner as the 6.
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:10 am

skyblueads wrote:The first 700 MG3s are coming over from China complete. After that Longbridge will begin production in the same manner as the 6.
    Seems a sensible move, they will find out how well they sell and thus how many assembly workers they need instead of having to hire and then possibly sack people, I guess it will also ensure decent assembly quality from experienced workers for the first cars.
    skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

Post by skyblueads on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:21 am

The cradles that carry the 6 along the lines at Longbridge have been modified to carry the 3 as well, the aim is that the plant will be able to switch quickly between the 3 and 6.
    Windy
    Admin

Post by Windy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:44 am

skyblueads wrote:The cradles that carry the 6 along the lines at Longbridge have been modified to carry the 3 as well, the aim is that the plant will be able to switch quickly between the 3 and 6.
    "Quickly" as in the 15 seconds of the Lingang body shop? jocolor 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 am