Experiences with the 'New' MGs

Jobbybob

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2013-12-24

Experiences with the 'New' MGs

Post by Jobbybob on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Hello,

As I am considering getting a new MG I am curious to see how other people have got along with their ones. Can the MG3 and MG6 owners on here tell me about their experiences with the product and dealer network?

Hopefully there will be quite a few owners of the newer products to answer. Very Happy
    littlechicken

Number of posts : 74
    Registration date : 2010-12-21

Re: Experiences with the 'New' MGs

Post by littlechicken on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:43 am

I have owned my MG6 Magnette for just over 2 years and done around 14K miles.

Whats gone wrong :-
    Apart from routine servicing the car has been back twice, once for a recall and then when we had new under bonnett rubbers, (they had split) and the newstyle gear knob.

I did have the plastic ring break on the ignition key, a new top was supplied for both keys.

I can say hand on heart the MG6 has been the best car I have ever owned.Its ride and handling is superb, the performance is great and in TSE specification the standard features are outstanding.

I did not just buy a 6 because it was an MG, my first choice was a BMW 318, and I previously purchased Peugeots as my main cars. my first MG was a new 2010 TF85th to replace my Reliant Scimitar Sabre.

The MG6 is not without faults, and some owners have had issues but no worse than other manufacturers.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:15 am