Ssangyong and MG Platform Sharing

Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Ssangyong and MG Platform Sharing

Post by Dorset Rocket on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:04 pm

I have been away from MGUK for a while and so this topic may have been discussed previously, but there appears to be pretty conclusive evidence from Autocar and others that the Ssangyong Korando and MG CS share a platform. Surprising, given the issues between their parent companies in the past.

However, moving on with this theme, I suggest that in the new (and surprisingly impressive) Ssangyong Tivoli, we are looking at the platform and general body framing for the new MG 'Juke Rival', (or am I wrong?). Imagine the MG Icon then squint hard and look at the Tivoli - all new body panels required yes, but the Tivoli appears to have the basic structure of MG's next model all ready to go.. a great pity then that Ssangyong are about 2 years ahead with their models and also appear to have the fastest growing UK sales in 2015, replacing MG who had that accolade in 2014.

Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Re: Ssangyong and MG Platform Sharing

Post by Dorset Rocket on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:20 pm

My original post on this subject contains one error - Jeep have the fastest growing sales in UK in 2015 to date - Ssangyong are second fastest! Sorry.
    Regarding my comment on the Tivoli and MG platform sharing I am surprised this has not generated a response from the MGUK followers - so now I'm not sure if my suggestion is correct, wrong, or just so off the pace it does not warrant a comment!

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:43 pm