GS China facelift prior to ZS launch

Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

GS China facelift prior to ZS launch

Post by Dorset Rocket on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:01 pm

The following link should take you to images of a 'facelifted' GS that is apparently due to launch in China this month, a couple of months before the ZS goes on sale in China.

Front end with greater use of chrome looks good in my view and is clearly intended to move the GS's rather plain Jane image a bit more upmarket and herald the start of 'more chrome' for future MG suv models at least..together with improvements to interior quality. Although they still seem to struggle to make the rear look good.

Expect this facelift to come to UK either just prior to the 'ZS' launch later in 2017 or for a 2018 model year upgrade of the GS.

Will be interesting to see if the 2018 update of the '3 takes on more chrome as well - but it looks like that car has to soldier on for a while yet  Neutral

http://www.carnewschina.com/2016/12/05/spy-shots-facelift-for-the-mg-gs-suv-in-china/
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Re: GS China facelift prior to ZS launch

Post by patpending on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:46 am

Here's a video showing different angles of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7noZ5LUGc5I

This one shows the 3.0 AWD...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgapTdBwNFE

Dorset Rocket

Number of posts : 134
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Post by Dorset Rocket on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:13 am

That does look good and a great improvement on current GS model both inside and out.

My local dealer was about to go to the UK dealer conference on 12 January when I last saw him so he may now know when we can expect this in the UK.

The dealer did confirm however that contary to comments by Matthew Cheyne a few months ago, the UK version of the smaller suv WILL also be called the ZS in the UK.

UK Launch of the ZS is expecetd in October 2017..
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:34 am

Dorset Rocket wrote:The dealer did confirm however that contary to comments by Matthew Cheyne a few months ago, the UK version of the smaller suv WILL also be called the ZS in the UK.
    If they chose to do that, most people wouldn't mind. Even the enthusiasts have had months to be apoplectic about it.

What if they called a ZS "MG5"? Wink

(Haven't seen this from 2007 before - is that Red Shoes Woman with a change of shoes and a knee-concealing dress?)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:19 am