had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Share
    avatar
    paynerover75

    Number of posts : 31
    Points : 40
    Reputation : 3
    Registration date : 2009-10-28
    Location : somewhere in essex countryside

    had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by paynerover75 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:56 am

    i was told that the following about the mg6.
    no deposits should be taken before the beginning of november.
    letters of intent to buy are being signed though.
    list price is expected to start at £14k until the vat rise where they will probably go up by £1k on all of the range.
    delivery beginning end nov/begining december for initial orders,
    cars will come from china.
    longbridge built cars will not be delivered until late jan/early feb. all petrols to be turbo's ( brother-in-law doesn't mind !!!)
    saloons expected july/august.
    diesels have been delayed until possibly dec.2011 as they aren't happy with the nvh from the installation (dates not confirmed though)
    other cars
    mg3/0 may have a different identification in the uk.
    no 3-door expected.
    doesn't look the same as the chinese prototypes seen on the net.
    1.5turbo isn't likely at launch
    on sale date likely to be mid 2012 .
    mg5. doesn't look like the images we have seen on the net.
    no engines have officially been decided.
    tf replacement could be as long as six years from now.
    avatar
    patpending

    Number of posts : 3005
    Points : 3948
    Reputation : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-05
    Location : Surrey

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by patpending on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:42 am

    paynerover75 wrote:i was told that the following about the mg6.
    list price is expected to start at £14k until the vat rise where they will probably go up by £1k on all of the range.

    woo! I make the 2.5% difference on net only £300-£400.
    delivery beginning end nov/begining december for initial orders,
    cars will come from china.
    why make RHD cars in China for only 3 months?
    avatar
    Windy
    Admin

    Number of posts : 3322
    Points : 4244
    Reputation : 165
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by Windy on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:02 am

    Thanks for the update PayneRover75 Smile


    patpending wrote:
    paynerover75 wrote:i was told that the following about the mg6.
    list price is expected to start at £14k until the vat rise where they will probably go up by £1k on all of the range.

    woo! I make the 2.5% difference on net only £300-£400.
    Either the dealer isn't very good at maths or there will be a significant discount for the first few purchasers!


    Making RHD cars in China wouldn't make much sense unless they intend to also sell them elsewhere such as Hong Kong, Japan or Australia but that doesn't tie in with the timescales we have been given.

    "mg5. doesn't look like the images we have seen on the net."
    The only images of an MG5 that I have seen on the net looked very like an MG ZS so it is probably good that it wont look the same!

    And the MG3 normally seen is the MG3SW so the same applies!
    avatar
    paynerover75

    Number of posts : 31
    Points : 40
    Reputation : 3
    Registration date : 2009-10-28
    Location : somewhere in essex countryside

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by paynerover75 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 am

    Windy wrote:Thanks for the update PayneRover75 Smile


    patpending wrote:
    paynerover75 wrote:i was told that the following about the mg6.
    list price is expected to start at £14k until the vat rise where they will probably go up by £1k on all of the range.

    woo! I make the 2.5% difference on net only £300-£400.
    Either the dealer isn't very good at maths or there will be a significant discount for the first few purchasers!


    Making RHD cars in China wouldn't make much sense unless they intend to also sell them elsewhere such as Hong Kong, Japan or Australia but that doesn't tie in with the timescales we have been given.

    "mg5. doesn't look like the images we have seen on the net."
    The only images of an MG5 that I have seen on the net looked very like an MG ZS so it is probably good that it wont look the same!

    And the MG3 normally seen is the MG3SW so the same applies!
    about the mg3 , i mean't the prototype pictures you had last week.
    the mg5 pictures were on aronline it's a white 5-door hatch apparantly they aren't even close.
    i wondder if a one off batch of rhd cars for early orders have been ordered from china because they don't think longbridge will be up and running in time.
    just speculation really, the dealer said they still don't really know dates and prices but are working from the limited info they are getting.
    he did say will have an mg6 on display next month!!
    avatar
    Windy
    Admin

    Number of posts : 3322
    Points : 4244
    Reputation : 165
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by Windy on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:41 am

    paynerover75 wrote:about the mg3 , i mean't the prototype pictures you had last week.
    the mg5 pictures were on aronline it's a white 5-door hatch apparantly they aren't even close.
    i wondder if a one off batch of rhd cars for early orders have been ordered from china because they don't think longbridge will be up and running in time.
    just speculation really, the dealer said they still don't really know dates and prices but are working from the limited info they are getting.
    he did say will have an mg6 on display next month!!
    I think that white 5 door hatch was a Roewe 350 hatch image from before they announced that there would be an MG version of the 350.

    The MG3 for the UK will no doubt look a little more sporty than the Chinese version in the same way that the UK MG6 has additional spoilers, vents and such things.

    Next month is only a week away now Wink
    avatar
    paynerover75

    Number of posts : 31
    Points : 40
    Reputation : 3
    Registration date : 2009-10-28
    Location : somewhere in essex countryside

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by paynerover75 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:58 am

    Windy wrote:
    paynerover75 wrote:about the mg3 , i mean't the prototype pictures you had last week.
    the mg5 pictures were on aronline it's a white 5-door hatch apparantly they aren't even close.
    i wondder if a one off batch of rhd cars for early orders have been ordered from china because they don't think longbridge will be up and running in time.
    just speculation really, the dealer said they still don't really know dates and prices but are working from the limited info they are getting.
    he did say will have an mg6 on display next month!!
    I think that white 5 door hatch was a Roewe 350 hatch image from before they announced that there would be an MG version of the 350.

    The MG3 for the UK will no doubt look a little more sporty than the Chinese version in the same way that the UK MG6 has additional spoilers, vents and such things.

    Next month is only a week away now Wink
    hmm think he said from the 13th!
    avatar
    Windy
    Admin

    Number of posts : 3322
    Points : 4244
    Reputation : 165
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by Windy on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:20 pm

    paynerover75 wrote:hmm think he said from the 13th!
    There are some MG6s touring the country - see the MG Motor news thread, think they are Chinese spec. but maybe he will have one of those on the 13th?

    I doubt he will have a UK spec one by then, but I will look forward to the pictures when you go to see it Cool
    avatar
    paynerover75

    Number of posts : 31
    Points : 40
    Reputation : 3
    Registration date : 2009-10-28
    Location : somewhere in essex countryside

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by paynerover75 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:25 pm

    Windy wrote:
    paynerover75 wrote:hmm think he said from the 13th!
    There are some MG6s touring the country - see the MG Motor news thread, think they are Chinese spec. but maybe he will have one of those on the 13th?

    I doubt he will have a UK spec one by then, but I will look forward to the pictures when you go to see it Cool
    you mean if!!!!
    i have a hospital appointment on the 13th!!!!
    avatar
    richardk

    Number of posts : 935
    Points : 1149
    Reputation : 46
    Registration date : 2009-02-06
    Location : Norfolk

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by richardk on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:50 pm

    How are Perkins? - Good dealer that one! Phil's a good un.

    I'd drive from Norwich to see what deal they could do.

    Can't wait to see these new cars...desparately need an MG Zero in this family!
    avatar
    paynerover75

    Number of posts : 31
    Points : 40
    Reputation : 3
    Registration date : 2009-10-28
    Location : somewhere in essex countryside

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by paynerover75 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:57 pm

    richardk wrote:How are Perkins? - Good dealer that one! Phil's a good un.

    I'd drive from Norwich to see what deal they could do.

    Can't wait to see these new cars...desparately need an MG Zero in this family!
    sorry , don't know name of guy i spoke to.
    they had a tf at the safron waldon motorshow on sunday.
    avatar
    Steven211

    Number of posts : 71
    Points : 80
    Reputation : 2
    Registration date : 2010-07-13
    Age : 24
    Location : Worcestershire

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by Steven211 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:23 am

    Diesel should of been developed along time ago, Diesel is the most importent engine, I hope MG sort out the problems faster.

    Sponsored content

    Re: had conversation with dealer (perkins of rayne) yesterday about mg6

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 am