I don't mean to rant

skyblueads

Number of posts : 96
    Registration date : 2009-02-10

I don't mean to rant

Post by skyblueads on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:08 pm

But Jeez, how dull is the other forum at the moment, its not even worth lurking on. The same few banging on about how crap a car is with no experience of it! Good lord, it gives your ****hole tooth ache!

Perception is a funny thing, isn't it. I recently blogged about how MINI should drop all the Union flag stuff from their cars because it's not British anymore. MINI a 'British' brand beloved by so many doesn't employ a single UK designer, or have a design office in the UK, yet the German developed, Austrian built Countryman is advertised with Union Jacks applenty.

MG gets a kicking in certain quarters for its Chinese parentage yet its design is British-what goes on in peoples heads?

Uff. Rant over... Wink

peterove

Re: I don't mean to rant

Post by peterove on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 pm

Have same sentiments.. though still regard the Mini as British despite its lack of uk engineering and design.. event the engines are manufactured in the UK.. unlike the MG6.

Sadly the other forum is being dominated by a few jingoistic posters who dominate any thread concerning a new MG, especially the MG6, especially in regards to Chinese parentage and production. This makes me contribute to the forum less and less and also stops me from finacially contributing to the site.

I am all for free speach and constructive critisim, I can agree to disagree but having the same bile shoved down my throat is another thing.

I am mega happy to see that Longbridge has a car prodution future.. wasn't expecting any design, engineering let alone production to continue ther after 2005 and am delighted to see seeds being sowed there by SAIC.

There is always a certain amount of impatience and frustration as the car industry is probebly one of the most secretive there is.. yet SAIC has been suprisingly open about is plans and stayed true to its word, even if its time keeping is a little unreliable.

I just hope that SAIC takes note of the true enthusiast of the marque from around the globe who wish it well, rather than the few little Englanders who are still living in the misinformed and intentioned days of the empire.
    paynerover75

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2009-10-28

Post by paynerover75 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:05 am

have to agree about.org , used to be a really nice place.
    the same people seem to go on about the same subject all the time .
    there also seem to me to be more people on their who get off by insulting others amd the mods and admin either have no guts to sort it or get involved as well.
    trying to avoid .org as much as i can at the moment.
    Windy
    Admin

Number of posts : 3322
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by Windy on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:32 am

skyblueads wrote:
    Perception is a funny thing, isn't it. I recently blogged about how MINI should drop all the Union flag stuff from their cars because it's not British anymore. MINI a 'British' brand beloved by so many doesn't employ a single UK designer, or have a design office in the UK, yet the German developed, Austrian built Countryman is advertised with Union Jacks applenty.
    I guess it is because it is a British company, Germany owned but registered in the UK?

MG Motor UK is also a British company in that respect.

I think to most people the flag would indicate "Made in the UK" though, and so the Austrian SUV should have an Austrian flag!

peterove wrote:I am all for free speach and constructive critisim, I can agree to disagree but having the same bile shoved down my throat is another thing.
    It seems to have taken a turn for the worse recently with people repeatedly posting inacurate and made up information as fact, from there it can only get worse unless the moderators throw some people off.

I hear that the MG6 will not arrive as kits, the parts required will be delivered seperately in batches from their supliers as with normal production and the shells will be delivered with twice the number to a container as reported on the other forum.
    richardk

Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2009-02-06

Post by richardk on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:17 am

Be thankful we have here..much friendlier and much more information.
    Steven211

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steven211 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Cough Jackonicko, he is the ring leader and so is MGTurbo#261, I don't care if they can find this thread and what I am saying.
    patpending

Number of posts : 3005
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

Post by patpending on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:25 pm

I did post on one thread that I am in real life the Mysterious Mr. Wang, and that I am secretly Chinese and joined another forum two years before the demise of MGR so that I could post disinformation now...

THAT thread has been deleted!

EDIT it will be interesting to see who September's high posters are...
    Steven211

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steven211 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:12 pm

patpending wrote:I did post on one thread that I am in real life the Mysterious Mr. Wang, and that I am secretly Chinese and joined another forum two years before the demise of MGR so that I could post disinformation now...

THAT thread has been deleted!

EDIT it will be interesting to see who September's high posters are...
    I was 3rd again, I have no life lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:27 pm