British is the new German

    Share
    avatar
    richardk

    Number of posts : 935
    Points : 1149
    Reputation : 46
    Registration date : 2009-02-06
    Location : Norfolk

    British is the new German

    Post by richardk on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:33 am

    Interesting new strap line...if you hover over the union jack on www.mg.co.uk
    avatar
    Windy
    Admin

    Number of posts : 3322
    Points : 4244
    Reputation : 165
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by Windy on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:00 pm

    I think it needs an explanation!


    Just watching "How God made the English" on BBC2 and how there is a lot less german ancestry in the people of Britain than most people think.

    I've never either liked or been impressed by German cars.

    Or is it about History scratch
    avatar
    patpending

    Number of posts : 3005
    Points : 3948
    Reputation : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-05
    Location : Surrey

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by patpending on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:27 pm

    Windy wrote:I think it needs an explanation!

    Simples.

    They arrogantly set out to conquer the world.

    Their plans lie in ruins as they are betrayed on all sides.

    After the discredited former bosses have gone, only a massive investment from a foreign land far away can get things moving again.

    I really can't work that one out. scratch
    avatar
    richardk

    Number of posts : 935
    Points : 1149
    Reputation : 46
    Registration date : 2009-02-06
    Location : Norfolk

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by richardk on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 am

    Overpriced and over here?
    avatar
    patpending

    Number of posts : 3005
    Points : 3948
    Reputation : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-05
    Location : Surrey

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by patpending on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 am

    I don't get that from the flag at top left.

    Has it been changed?
    avatar
    richardk

    Number of posts : 935
    Points : 1149
    Reputation : 46
    Registration date : 2009-02-06
    Location : Norfolk

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by richardk on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:20 am

    Still there for me - not if you click it...but if you just hover over it
    avatar
    Windy
    Admin

    Number of posts : 3322
    Points : 4244
    Reputation : 165
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by Windy on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:34 am

    patpending wrote:After the discredited former bosses have gone, only a massive investment from a foreign land far away can get things moving again.

    I really can't work that one out. scratch
    Isn't that exactly how the german VW beetle got into production after the war? (When VW was run by the British.)
    avatar
    patpending

    Number of posts : 3005
    Points : 3948
    Reputation : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-05
    Location : Surrey

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by patpending on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:49 am

    Windy wrote:
    patpending wrote:After the discredited former bosses have gone, only a massive investment from a foreign land far away can get things moving again.

    I really can't work that one out. scratch
    Isn't that exactly how the german VW beetle got into production after the war? (When VW was run by the British.)
    sorry, you have got my point - but I can't see how comparing Longbridge to post-war Wolfsburg helps TBH... (and I was thinking of Marshall Plan money)
    avatar
    Windy
    Admin

    Number of posts : 3322
    Points : 4244
    Reputation : 165
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by Windy on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:01 pm

    richardk wrote:Interesting new strap line...if you hover over the union jack on www.mg.co.uk

    When I google for the phrase "British Girls were always Cuter Than German girls" (with quotes) I find lots of adverts for "The Luxurious MG Magnette" scratch
    avatar
    patpending

    Number of posts : 3005
    Points : 3948
    Reputation : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-05
    Location : Surrey

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by patpending on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:42 pm

    Windy wrote:
    richardk wrote:Interesting new strap line...if you hover over the union jack on www.mg.co.uk

    When I google for the phrase "British Girls were always Cuter Than German girls" (with quotes) I find lots of adverts for "The Luxurious MG Magnette" scratch



    scratchscratchscratch
    avatar
    patpending

    Number of posts : 3005
    Points : 3948
    Reputation : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-05
    Location : Surrey

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by patpending on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:36 am

    Just found this looking for BTCC!
    avatar
    Windy
    Admin

    Number of posts : 3322
    Points : 4244
    Reputation : 165
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by Windy on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:26 am

    patpending wrote:Just found this looking for BTCC!
    Have you found an image of the two MGs fighting each other for the lead of the race...

    Sponsored content

    Re: British is the new German

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:39 am